Wednesday, 4 June 2008

Oil Painting Gallery

Oil Painting Gallery
Alfred Gockel paintings
Alexei Alexeivich Harlamoff paintings
Aubrey Beardsley paintings
"We can mean no other," cried Lucy smiling. "Mr. Edward Ferrars, the eldest son of Mrs. Ferrars of Park Street, and brother of your sister-in-law, Mrs. John Dashwood, is the person I mean; you must allow that I am not likely to be deceived as to the name of the man on who all my happiness depends."
"It is strange," replied Elinor, in a most painful perplexity, "that I should never have heard him even mention your name." "No; considering our situation, it was not strange. Our first care has been to keep the matter secret. -- You knew nothing of me or my family, and therefore there could be no occasion for ever mentioning my name to you; and as he was always particularly afraid of his sister's suspecting anything, that was reason enough for his not mentioning it."
She was silent. -- Elinor's security sunk; but her self-command did not sink with it.
"Four years you have been engaged," said she with a firm voice.

No comments: