Thursday, 19 June 2008

Thomas Cole The Hunter's Return painting

Thomas Cole The Hunter's Return painting
Louis Aston Knight A Sunny Morning at Beaumont-Le Roger painting
bring public disgrace upon you. A month, however, is too long. Take yourself away in a week, and give what reason you like for going. "
"'" Only a week, sir? he cried in a despairing voice. " A fortnight -- say at least a fortnight! "
"'" A week, I repeated, and you may consider yourself to have been very leniently dealt with. "
"' He crept away, his face sunk upon his breast, like a broken man, while I put out the light and returned to my room.
"' For two days after this Brunton was most assiduous in his attention to his duties. I made no allusion to what had passed and waited with some curiosity to see how he would cover his disgrace. On the third morning, however, he did not appear, as was his custom, after breakfast to receive my instructions for the day. As I left the dining-room I happened to meet

No comments: