Wednesday, 6 August 2008

William Blake Jacob's Ladder painting

William Blake Jacob's Ladder paintingVincent van Gogh Wheat Field with Crows painting
much of a Seer ... but you were a wonderful Object...'
Harry did not reply; he had loathed being the Object of Professor Trelawney's continual predictions of doom.
'I am afraid,' she went on, 'that the nag - I'm sorry, the centaur - knows nothing of cartomancy. I asked him - one Seer to another - had he not, too, sensed the distant vibra-tions of coming catastrophe? But he seemed to find me almost comical. Yes, comical!'
Her voice rose rather hysterically and Harry caught a powerful whiff of sherry even though the bottles had been left behind.
'Perhaps the horse has heard people say that I have not inherited my great-great-grandmother's gift. Those rumours have been bandied about by the jealous for years. You know what I say to such people, Harry? Would Dumbledore have let me teach at this great school, put so much trust in me all these years, had I not proved myself to him?'

No comments: