Friday, 28 November 2008

Spring is in the Air

Spring is in the AirSimple TimesQuiet ThoughtsMy Piano
quietly, ‘I should leave it behind. Don’t you want to?’‘Well yes - and no. Now it comes to it, I don’t like parting with it at all, I may say. And I don’t really see why I should. Why do you want me to?’ he asked, and a curious change came over his voice. It was sharp with suspicion and annoyance. ‘You are always badgering me about my ring; but you have never bothered me about the other things that I got on my journey.’‘No, but I had to badger you,’ said Gandalf. ‘I wanted the truth. It was important. Magic rings are - well, magical; and they are rare and curious. I was professionally interested in your ring, you may say; and I still am. I should like to know where it is, if you go wandering again. Also I think you have had it quite long enough. You won’t need it any more. Bilbo, unless I am quite mistaken.’Bilbo flushed, and there was an angry light in his eyes. His kindly face grew hard. ‘Why not?’ he cried. ‘And it of yours, anyway, to know what I do with my own things? It is my own. I found it. It came to me.’‘Yes, yes,’ said Gandalf. ‘But there is no need to get

No comments: