Tuesday, 20 January 2009

John William Waterhouse Miranda - The Tempest

John William Waterhouse Miranda - The TempestJohn William Waterhouse Echo and NarcissusLeonardo da Vinci Madonna with the Yarnwinder
The Dust fall shone like a great pillar of faint light as it descended smoothly and never-endingly into the gulf. Mrs. Coulter had no attention to spare for it, because the shadow beside her was trembling with desire, and she had to keep him by a sweet malice, "how glad I am that the child will never grow up to love and be loved. I thought I loved her when she was a baby; but now...”
"There was regret," the shadow said, "in your heart there was regret that you will not see her grow up."
"Oh, Metatron, how long it is since you were a man! Can you really not tell what it is I'm regretting? It's not her coming of age, but mine. How bitterly I regret that I didn't her side, under what control she could manage.They moved down, silent, following Lord Asriel. The farther down they climbed, the more she felt a great weariness fall over her."What? What?" whispered the shadow, feeling her emotions, and suspicious at once."I was thinking," she said with

No comments: