Monday, 20 April 2009

Edward Hopper Les Pont des Arts

Edward Hopper Les Pont des ArtsEdward Hopper Jo in WyomingEdward Hopper Hills South Truro
Where’s everyone gone?”
Shawn leapt up, banging his head on the stove. „ “Ow! Sorry, miss! Um! Everyone’s . . . everyone’s down in the square, miss. I’m only here because Mrs. Scorbic said she’d have my hide if I didn’t get all the yuk off.”
77
Terry Pratchett
“What’s , shud-dering. “One’s seen it.”
“Doesn’t bother me, miss, it’ll give me Wednesday after-noons free,” said Shawn, “but what I meant was, you’ll have to wait till I’ve gone down to the armory to fetch my horn for the fanfare.”
“One won’t need a fanfare, thank you very much.”
“But you got to have a fanfare, miss.”
“One can blow my own trumpet, thank you.”
“Yes, miss.”happening in the square, then?”“They say there’s a couple of witches having a real set-to, miss.”“What? Not your mother and Granny Weatherwax!”“Oh no, miss. Some new witch.”“In Lancre? A new witch?”“I think that’s what Mum said.”“I’m going to have a look.”“Oh, I don’t think that’d be a good idea, miss,” said Shawn.Magrat drew herself up regally.“We happen to be Queen,” she said. “Nearly. So you don’t tell one one can’t do things, or one’ll have you cleaning the privies!”“But I does clean the privies,” said Shawn, in a reason-able voice. “Even the garderobe—““And that’s going to go, for a start,” said Magrat
“Miss what?”
“Miss Queen.”

No comments: